MoTeC ADL2 Series Dash Diplays
The MoTeC ADL2 Advanced Dash Logger is a combined LCD dash and high performance data logger. A big advantage of the ADL2 over other products in the market is its flexibility, allowing it to be adapted to any application.
With an impressive list of advanced functions, it is not only a sophisticated display and logging device, it is also very effective as a problem solving tool.
The ADL2 supersedes MoTeCs original ADL, delivering significant upgrades for maximum user benefit.
New Features (compared to ADL)
- USB Communications
- Doesn't require a parallel port - download 16Mb in under 1 minute via USB
- 8Mb logging memory as standard
- Upgrade-able to 16Mb log memory
- Increased resolution over 5V on eight of the AV inputs
- 16 CAN templates (up from 6)
- More powerful processor
Download or view the ADL2 brochure
The ADL2 can be fully integrated with a MoTeC Engine Management System (ECU). This avoids duplication of sensors and allows display or logging of more than 170 ECU channels. The various options may be enabled at any time by entering a password.
Many vehicle, marine and industrial applications require separate products to perform logging, controlling and display functions. The MoTeC ADL2, however, offers seamless integration of all three.
All aspects of the MoTeC ADL2 are fully configurable, including which sensor is connected to which input, what to log, how fast to log it, which channels to display, warning alarms and control outputs.
The MoTeC ADL2 uses a high speed 32 bit microprocessor and incorporates a 79 pin autosport connector. The ADL2 is built to internationally recognised quality and manufacturing standards and is backed by a full 2 year worldwide warranty.
The MoTeC Advanced Dash Logger (ADL2) is supplied with software packages for managing the ADL2, analysing the logged data and monitoring a telemetry link.
Ease of use is one of the most attractive aspects of the MoTeC ADL2 software. There is no complex language to learn, just simple menu driven windows.
A full online help system is easily accessible and is integrated throughout the software.
Dash Manager Software
The Dash Manager Software is used to configure the ADL2 and download logged data. It is logically laid out, giving the user access to the power of the ADL2 without requiring high levels of computer knowledge or intense training.
The Interpreter Software contains pre-defined configurations for easy data analysis. Screen display formats may be varied to suit all preferences, including user defined graphs, histograms and statistical summaries. By utilising these different display methods, users can view data in many formats to obtain accurate, meaningful analysis.
Data can also be exported into ASCII CSV file format for analysis in other software packages.
The Pro Analysis option includes multiple graph overlays, virtual instruments, suspension analysis, extra mathematical functions, XY graphs (scatter plots), track maps reports (section times, statistics, and other advanced features).
Telemetry Monitor (Optional)
The Telemetry Monitor software allows for realtime viewing of the telemetry data either via direct serial communications, modems or radio modems. Data can be viewed in various formats such as charts, bar graphs, dial gauges, numerics, lights, XY graphs and scroll charts. All objects are definable by the user.
The MoTeC Advanced Dash Logger (ADL2) is completely field updateable by the user. The control software and logged data is stored in FLASH memory. No extra programming interface is required, simply send the new program to the ADL2 and the latest features are immediately available.
The MoTeC ADL2 has field upgradeable options using a password enabling system. Upgrade options include:
- Extended (50) Inputs & Outputs
- Pro Analysis (advanced data analysis)
- Logging (16 Mbyte)
- Telemetry Support
- Remote Logging
- Wideband Lambda measurement
Lap Beacon Transmitter/Receiver:
The MoTeC Lap Beacon transmitter and receiver has been designed in conjunction with the ADL2. It features high channel count (990), improved optics, low power consumption and multi beacon capability.
CAN Expander Modules:
The E888 and E816 units offer increased Inputs and Outputs to the ADL2 via a CAN connection. The E888 features 8 built in thermocouple amplifiers for use with K-type thermocouples. It also includes 8 analogue voltage inputs, 4 digital inputs and 2 temp inputs that are intended for use as temperature compensation inputs for the thermocouples. The E816 offers 16 analogue voltage inputs, 4 digital inputs and 2 temp inputs. Both units include 8 fully programmable auxillary outputs. For more details contact M-CAL.
A wide range of sensors are available for use with the ADL including:
- linear position
- resistive and thermocouple temperature sensors
- hall and magnetic speed sensors a
- many others
Three wiring options are available for the ADL2:
- Custom wiring looms for complex installations - recommended
- Separate I/O Terminal Module with plug-in screw terminals. Includes a Realtime Clock, additional RS232 port and wide ranging power supply.
- Standard (vehicle style) wiring loom for specific installations.
And for peace of mind MoTeC offers a full 2 year worldwide warranty
- Microprocessor: 32 Bit High Performance
- Manufacturing Quality standard to ISO9002
- Field updateable Operating System
- Non-volatile FLASH memory for data & operating system
- High RFI Immunity
- Rugged Aluminium Housing (IP-55, NEMA 4)
- 79 pin Autosport connector
- Operating Temperature: -10 to 70 DegC
- Operating Voltage: 7 to 22 VDC
- Operating Current: 0.3 A max.
- Weight: 385 gms (0.85 lbs)
- Size: 180mm x 91mm x 18mm (excluding connector)
- Reverse Battery and Transient Protection
- Warranty: 2 years Parts and Labour
- 20 Analogue Voltage Inputs (10 standard)
- 12 bit resolution
- Inputs 1-4 and 11-14 with 0 - 5.5V range (resolution 1.35mV)
- Other inputs with 0 - 15.3 V range (resolution 3.74 mV)
- Update rate up to 1000 Hz (inputs 1-4 and 11-14)
- Other inputs: up to 500 Hz
- 8 Analogue Temperature Inputs (4 standard)
- 12 bit resolution, 0 - 15.3V range
- Internal 1K pull-up to 5V
- Update rate up to 500 Hz
- 4 Digital Inputs (2 Standard)
- 4 Speed Inputs (4 Standard)
- Digital & Speed
- Switch to OV, logic signal, open collector (Hall Effect), or Magnetic
- State & Counting (1MHz)
- Period (1 micro sec)
- Pulse width (1 micro sec)
- 4 Switch Inputs (4 Standard)
- User definable sensor calibrations
- 8 Digital Outputs (4 standard)
- Open Collector (drives to ground) with pullup (10k ohms) to battery positive
- On/Off or Pulse Width Modulation with variable Frequency and Duty Cycle
Air Fuel Ratio Measurement (Optional)
- 2 high accuracy Wideband Lambda (Air/Fuel ratio) inputs
- Resolution: 0.01 Lambda
- Temperature compensated
- Range: 0.75 to 1.2 Lambda
- Memory: 8MB (Standard), 16Mb
- Non-volatile FLASH, field upgradeable
- Logging of any Analogue, Digital, Serial, CAN bus or Calculated channel
- Logging sample rate ~ 100kb/sec = 50,000 samples/sec
- 2 Burst Logging buffers with pre triggering
- Typical Unload Speed: ~50 seconds or less for 16Mb over USB
CAN unload rates: 19sec/Mb
- Timers (0.01s, 0.1s, & 1s resolution)
- Math Functions
- Lap Time and Number
- Running Lap Time Gain/Loss
- Gear Detection
- Fuel Prediction
- Running Min/Max
- Custom LCD, High Contrast, High Temperature, Reflective
- Display any Analogue, Digital, Serial, CAN bus channel or Calculated channel
- 3 Display Modes
- 70 Segment RPM bar graph:
- Definable Range
- Programmable Setpoint and Peak Hold point
- 4 Numeric Display Items
- 13 Digit Alpha Numeric Display area, 1,2 or 3 channels per line
- (20 scrollable lines per display mode)
- Alarm messages with:
- Channel display
- Descriptive text
- USB 2.0
- CAN data link (125Kbit to 1Mbit)
- RS232 (1200 to 57.6 kbaud)
- Telemetry Link output (RS232)
- ADL2 Dash Manager Software
- Interpreter Analysis Software
- Telemetry Software (Optional)
The MoTeC ADL2 in its base configuration includes:
- 14 Analogue Inputs (AV / AT)
- 10 Digital Inputs (SW / SPD / DIG)
- 4 Auxiliary Outputs
- RS232 and CAN bus support
- Software: Dash Manager and Interpreter
- User Manual
Upgrades Available (field updateable by the user):
50 I/O - Additional inputs and outputs
- 28 Analogue Inputs (14 standard)
- 12 Digital Inputs (10 standard)
- 8 Digital Auxiliary Outputs (4 standard)
Pro Analysis - Advanced Analysis Software
- Multiple Graph Overlays
- Suspension Analysis
- Statistic Zoom
- XY Plots
- Maths functions
- Virtual Instruments display
- Track Map Reports: Section Times, Statistics
- 16MB Memory Upgrade
- 2 Wideband Lambda inputs
- Enables realtime viewing of data via a telemetry link
Remote Logging (requires Telemetry Upgrade)
- Allows Logging of telemetry data to desktop pc or laptop
- Wiring Looms
- Input/Output Terminal Module
- Lambda (Air/Fuel ratio) Sensors and Kits
- Telemetry Products: GSM mobile phones, radio modems etc
- Sensors and transducers - a full range of sensors, amplifiers, transducers, lights and buttons are available
- Lap Beacon: Transmitter and Receiver (990 channel)
- PC running Windows 98/2000/XP
- Pentium III or better
- 64Mb RAM or greater
- Monitor with minimum of 800 x 600 resolution
- Standard RS232 serial port (for M4/48/8 ECU & PLM)
- Standard printer port (for ADL and M800)
- USB port (for ADL2 / SDL)
The MoTeC ADL2 Advanced Dash Logger is a combined LCD dash and high performance data logger. Integration with a MoTeC Engine Management System (ECU). Seamless integration of logging, controlling and display functions. All aspects fully configurable. Supplied with software packages for managing the ADL2, analysing the logged data and monitoring a telemetry link.