MoTeC M2R Series ECU
The M2R Engine Management System (ECU) has been designed to run twin rotor engines.
It is derived from the existing M4 ECU and has specialised software that limits its use to certain engines only.
Apart from the limitations on engine set up, the ECU tuning software has the same functionality as the normal M4 software. This includes all upgrades and the initial free lambda and logging time.
The software can only be configured to run 2 rotor engines with 2 ref sync modes available:
- Multi tooth mode with 12 teeth on the crank, this is for use with engines up to the series 6 RX7
- 36-2 for use with dedicated race engines requiring more accurate timing calculations
The M2R includes the new 140 and 141 ignition modes, allowing control of 4 individual coils with rotary split functionality.
This leaves 1 output available for fuel pump or fans if required. If the wasted spark leading mode 102 is used, a second auxiliary output becomes available.
- Ability to run 4 individual coils (only previously available on the M400/600/800)
- Significantly lower price than an M4
- An M2R cannot be upgraded to an M4.